Members of the Holland Law Firm, L.L.C. have obtained a number of record-setting results on behalf of railroad workers, including the largest FELA verdict in United States history as of 2005, $17 MILLION, as well as a $4 MILLION verdict for a locomotive engineer, the largest FELA verdict in the history of Miami-Dade County, Florida. Additionally, for three consecutive years, we set the record for the largest railroad injury verdict in Missouri, and have received a large number of multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts.
We obtained a $2.25 MILLION VERDICT for a conductor who underwent arthroscopic knee and back surgery from injuries sustained in a train collision. We obtained a $3.6 MILLION VERDICT for an engineer who sustained injuries in a slip-and-fall. We obtained a $1.7 MILLION VERDICT for a conductor who sustained soft-tissue injuries in a train collision. These cases were handled and tried by attorneys at the Holland Law Firm, L.L.C.
In addition to these most recent verdicts, the lawyers at our firm have obtained many other verdicts and settlements of over $1 million in recent years. In some cases, we are unable to discuss the settlement of a particular case due to confidentiality provisions. In those instances, specific amounts are not referenced below. These include:
- Confidential settlement for paralyzed client
- $1.3 MILLION SETTLEMENT for wrongful death
- $300,000 SETTLEMENT for injured railroad worker who returned to his previous job after one surgery
- $500,000.00 VERDICT for BNSF engineer following $18,000 pre-trial offer
- Confidential settlement for worker with multiple amputations
- Confidential settlements for worker with major injuries, surgery and post-surgical blindness
- $1.3 MILLION VERDICT for Amtrak engineer with neck injury.
- $1.6 MILLION VERDICT for BNSF engineer with back injury and concussion.
- $4.5 MILLION JUDGMENT in Illinois wrongful death case
- Two confidential settlements in catastrophic injury cases.
- Confidential settlement in catastrophic injury case.
- $1.75 MILLION SETTLEMENT for a locomotive engineer with hip and back injuries from a train wreck.
- $4 MILLION VERDICT for a locomotive engineer referred above.
- $1.3 MILLION SETTLEMENT for a carman with head, arm and foot injuries.
- $17 MILLION VERDICT for a conductor with back, neck and head injuries. No appeal taken.
- Largest known out-of-court settlement of a Norfolk Southern Railway grade crossing case. (Confidential)
- Three confidential settlements of record-setting amounts for three injured railroad workers.
- $1.9 MILLION SETTLEMENT for a trainman with leg and back injuries.
- $2.25 MILLION VERDICT mentioned above.
- $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT for a conductor who sustained neck and back injuries but had no surgery.
- $1.1 MILLION SETTLEMENT for a machine worker who sustained arm injuries caused by defective machine.
- $3.6 MILLION VERDICT mentioned above.
- $2.5 MILLION SETTLEMENT for an engineer who sustained head, back, and neck injuries.
- $1.4 MILLION SETTLEMENT for an engineer who sustained back, neck and shoulder injuries.
- $1.2 MILLION SETTLEMENT for a switchman who sustained leg and knee injuries.
- $1.7 MILLION VERDICT mentioned above.
- $4 MILLION SETTLEMENT for a worker wrongfully harassed by the company.
- $1.9 MILLION VERDICT for a carman who sustained neck and back injuries in a slip-and-fall.
The Holland Law Firm, L.L.C. concentrates in F.E.L.A. and railroad injury litigation, handling cases throughout the United States. The lawyers at the firm have received the highest possible rating for quality of representation and ethics from the national attorney ranking service, and has been named to the national Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys in the area of personal injury litigation, recognized as "Super Lawyers", "Best Lawyers in America, "Top Attorneys" and named "Maritime Law Firm of the Year" for 2012. The firm was also recognized by the St. Louis Business Journal as the Best Place to Work in St. Louis (2005, 2006 and inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2007).
If we can ever be of assistance or answer any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. Our toll free number is 877-ALL-FELA.